Arnprior – Where the rivers meet.
Only 30 minutes to Kanata
- FAMILY FOCUSED: Three elementary schools and a high school.
- RECREATION: abundance of recreation activities available, whether you wish to participate or spectate, there’s something for everyone. Indoor public pool and ice rinks, many trails and gorgeous parks, the activities are endless; you can even come cheer on the Arnprior Packers at the local hockey arena.
- RETIREMENT: With numerous festivals, local museums, trending shops and upscale restaurants, Arnprior is the perfect place to settle down and retire.
- HEALTH CARE: Right in the heart of Arnprior is Arnprior Regional Health – a regional leader and hub for select acute, long-term care and other health care services, changing and growing to meet the needs of the local communities.
- AMENITIES: Arnprior boasts all the amenities you need. There are restaurants, pubs, grocery stores, shopping malls and more.
- TRANSPORTATION: Various modes are available, commuter bus to Ottawa-Gatineau Monday – Friday, Airport (imagine), Marina, Cabs, and car rentals are att your service.
Arnprior’s local businesses and shops include a unique array of gift shops and talented artisans; as well as a variety of restaurants to meet everyone’s tastes and budget. Spend some time shopping and exploring our charming and historic downtown and please take the opportunity to visit our fabulous Arnprior and District Museum, situated in the Town’s landmark “D.A. Gillies” Building.
For those who enjoy the outdoors, why not spend the day exploring the many walking trails that take you along our beautiful waterfront, through nature reserves or through Gillies Grove, one of the oldest growth forests in Ontario and home to Ontario’s tallest tree.
Don’t leave Town without taking the time to visit our magnificent Robert Simpson Park and see where Arnprior’s slogan “Where the Rivers Meet” came to life. I think you will find that Robert Simpson Park rivals any regional park in eastern Ontario. Tucked away at the end of John Street, Robert Simpson Park offers breathtaking vistas of both the Ottawa and Madawaska Rivers. The park has a guarded sand beach, splash pad, wonderful gardens and a gazebo overlooking the rivers, which acts as a stage for the many events and festivals planned throughout the summer.
Enjoy live music Sunday afternoons in the park all summer long, take part in our Canada Day Celebrations, including a magnificent fireworks display over the Madawaska River and numerous other sporting and charity events throughout the year.
When looking to build your next home consider Marshall’s Bay Meadows in Arnprior – built by Neilcorp Homes – you won’t be disappointed!